Since the release of CMS’ proposed minimum staffing rule, AHCA/NCAL has been actively engaged in advocating against it. They aim to submit over 10,000 comments to CMS on this proposed rule. To date, AHCA/NCAL has organized member-wide webinars, meetings with members of Congress, facility tours, and more.
Future Leaders, Diversity Executive Leadership Program Scholars, and Political Ambassadors have collectively held over 60 meetings with members of Congress, highlighting concerns about the staffing mandate. Member fly-ins with key legislators will continue until November 6, the comment period deadline. AHCA/NCAL members have hosted nearly 150 facility tours for Congress members, crucial for raising awareness about the proposed minimum staffing rule.
You can still get involved in advocacy against this rule by:
- Inviting your Representative to tour your facility or community during their recess in October or November.
- Arranging an in-person district meeting at their office. For assistance, contact Heather Posthumus.
- Participating in rolling fly-ins in Washington, DC. Contact Chris Donnellan for more information.
- Submitting comments on the proposed rule by the November 6 deadline. For personalized guidance on submitting comments, email Matt Smyth.
- Let’s work together to advocate for better solutions in the long-term care community.”
How Meta PRN Works
Meta PRN directly connects care providers with families and businesses seeking their services with no staffing agency or fees. Care providers can create a free profile, showcase their skills and experience, and browse job openings. Families and businesses can search for care providers, review their profiles, and directly communicate with them to find the perfect match for their needs.